RSS

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Now, for something different, here are the kids and I enjoying some homemade honey popcorn. Please excuse the picture; I took it with my webcam and it was night but at least you get to kind of see me and my cute kids :)

It was supposed to be popcorn balls but it cooled off too fast and was too hard to form into balls. The kids were bringing it to a party so we broke it up and put it in little baggies. It was still very yummy and I will probably make it to put in the kids lunches for a treat sometime. It was quick to make and I know the kids like it. I may also try it with vanilla some time.


Honey Popcorn (Balls)

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons of butter
10 cups freshly popped popcorn (remove any unpopped kernals)
salt to taste

Bring the sugar, honey and butter to a boil. Pour over the popcorn with salt to taste (if you want a bit of salt, which I find makes it a bit tastier) and stir it around. When it is cool enough to handle (but not set!), butter your hands and form into balls. Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheets and wrap as desired when cooled. If you don't want balls, it would be best to spread on cookie sheets when coated and break up when hardened.

0 comments: