RSS

Monday, April 7, 2008

Honey Baked Lentils

I haven't actually made these but I've been hearing praise about them for ages. I will post it so when I actually get around to making them, I will know where the recipe is :)

Honey Baked Lentils
1 cup lentils
2 cups water
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soysauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
salt & pepper
In a baking dish (or a loaf pan) combine all ingredients. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 until tender, about an hour. Stir at least once during baking because the onions tend to rise to the top. Serve with rice; it is good all stirred together.

1 comments:

McVeinot said...

These turned out beautifully! They are so very yummy although we almost never eat the leftovers (which are actually even better!). I also tried them with split peas and it does work.