RSS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Egg Salad Sandwich


Last week, I was really craving fast food. I wanted to go to KFC so bad! I live practically across the street and can always smell it when the wind is blowing. I know it smells better than it tastes so I tried to resist.

Instead, I decided to make an old favorite, an egg salad sandwich. I had some fries with it to kill the fast food crave (it is on a little plate so it looks like more food than there is! The ketchup is in a silicone mini muffin liner).

I love eggs. I really love egg sandwiches. At an event where there are sandwiches, I always go for the egg. I especially love onions in my egg salad. I know many people don't but that yummy crunchy biting taste is just so good!

For this sandwich, I mashed a couple of eggs, a heaping tablespoon of real mayo, a couple teaspoons of drained salted onions and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I mounded what I could on a slice of homemade bread (then I ate the extra), put the top piece of bread on, cut in half and served with some fries and ketchup. Simple but good!

0 comments: