RSS

Friday, December 3, 2010

Get Well

Link to Kelly The Kitchen Kop: Announcing the 21-Day Wellness & Weight Loss Adventure: Coming January 3rd, 2011

I need this. I mean REALLY need it! I feel like I am spiraling out of control food-wise and with Christmas this month, I know it is going to get worse.

Funny thing is that if I compare how I eat to how I ate a year ago, I know I'm eating much better. Much healthier. But it's not enough because I am heavier than I was last year. I need to get stronger, be firmer in my resolve not to have junk in the house and work on my family to eat real food as if our lives depend on it because I firmly believe it does.

I am going to have two sets of goals, one for me and one for the family. I am stricter with myself for a number of reasons but the main one is that I seem to be the only one who cannot tolerate many carbs. If I limit them, I end up binging. That is where I am right now; I can't get enough!

So after Christmas, after New Year, when the holiday feasting is done, I am going to get down to business.

It will take me a while to work on my goals because I am not entirely sure just what it is I want to accomplish. I have my ideals but I want to make them workable. I do not want to set myself up for failure. My main objectives are to get healthy and lose weight. I know being the weight I am is setting me up for potential health problems and I am not getting any younger. I need to get moving, even if it is only a 10 minute walk a day to start out (walking the kids to the bus stop is a 20 minute walk each time, so I could do that even just to pick them up).

I am tired of being tired. I am tired of how things are, of having ideals and not pulling through, especially when I am weak at the grocery store and pick up food which is not ideal. it is hard to change. It is hard to go against the grain. But it will be worth it :)

1 comments:

Lorraine said...

Have you ever done a liver cleanse Carla? I have a book by Andreas Moritz on it, I've done two now, about to do the 3rd this weekend... what comes out is amazing, unnerving, and uplifting all at the same time, LOL. I felt like a million bucks after the first one, done on a new moon (new moon is the strongest magnetic pull and the body cleanses itself at far greater levels during new moon). Second one produced the same results flush-wise but I did not have the same energy boost (didn't do it on a new moon either). I'll keep at them until I get two "clean" ones, that's when you're all cleaned out.

2011 is my year to tackle grains... you've inspired me to take up soaking grains. I've taken on so many food allergies over the past year, I am just a mess. Made soaked oatmeal the other day, yum! Have had the Nourishing Traditions cookbook for years but never really got into it, your Kombucha post inspired me to go haul it out and get crackin'! So, thanks :-) I really want to eat grains again.

Aaaaannnddd... watercure.com I'm doing that now too, amazing what drinking 8 cups of water does for a person!

So best wishes with all this, sounds like you'll be off to a great 2011!