RSS

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some Recipes (not mine)

This blog was originally a placeholder for recipes I used and didn't want to lose or recipes I found online that I probably would never find again so I would place them here.  These recipes are in the comments of a Kelly The Kitchen Kop blog post so if I don't put them here, I will probably never find them again.  I want to go gluten free and eventually want my family to join me so I need all the recipes I can find!

I have not made these but I plan to!  The lady who posted these recipes  can be found blogging here: http://sustainablefirstfruits.blogspot.com/



Paula Runyan October 21, 2010 at 12:06 pm




Here is the chocolate recipe.
Please head the cooked bean part, and DO NOT grind and use dry beans.
Because this cake is made with honey, you must let it set a good 12-24 hours prior to eating, to let the sweetness set in.
If you eat it before that, you will be disappointed for sure.
Black Bean Chocolate cake.
24 hours prior to making this cake, soak 2 cups of black beans in water, with a little bit of raw whey added.
Cook and cool the beans in fresh water, prior to making the cake.
(Beans may be cooled quickly by rinsing with cold water)
This method assure that your beans will not cause gastric issue of any kind.
If you do not have dry beans available to you, you can use one can of rinsed black beans,
However, I cannot vouch for their not causing gastric distress.
On to the recipe!
In your blender, combine the following.
1 1/2 cups of cooked and cooled beans
3 farm fresh eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of sea salt
6 Tbls of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Blend until smooth.
Add the following ingredients.
3/4 cup of honey
7 tbsp of warmed butter
2 eggs.
Blend again till smooth.
Pour into a buttered 9x9 pan that has also been “floured” with a bit of cocoa.
Bake at 350 degrees until center just springs back when pressed.
Allow to fully cool, and ideally, let sit for a few hours prior to serving.
Serve with a dollop of fresh raw cream and a few sliced strawberries.


15Paula Runyan October 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm




Banana Bread
This recipe is adapted from my grandmothers recipe, to make it gluten free.
Preheat oven to 350
Butter, and then flour with rice four, one bread pan.
1/2 cup butter
1/2
3 bananas (frozen and thawed are best)
2 eggs
2 cups of brown rice flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup of kefir
1/2 cup of soaked.dehydrated nuts (optional)
Soak flour with kefir overnight, or all day.
Mix rest of ingredients in, pour into pan, and bake till done.
Allow to cool. Loosen the sides prior to dumping out.
You will find that this recipe is very similiar to the wheat version of banana bread.
Very little difference in texture or flavor.

2 comments:

elpi said...

like the idea of sharing some great recipes. .great job and can't wait to try it

Steve & Paula said...

Ahh! Thank you for sharing the recipes!