RSS

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tuna Muffins

Well there.  I made a bunch of freezer meals which should feed me for quite a while.  I made tuna muffins, white castle hamburger pie, curried turkey wings and taco bake.  All low carb and made with real food ingredients.  I modified the recipes to use what I have on hand because I did not want to go to the grocery store.  I was a little dismayed to discover we do not have much ground beef on hand.  I think we mostly got stew meat from our quarter (which is getting used up).  I may have to call the farmer to see if I can get some more meat and I think we will definitely need to get a whole side next time!

 Since we ate tuna muffins for lunch, I am going to post that recipe first.  I will post the other recipes over the next few days.  This is a big batch and you could easily halve it.  I chose tuna because we have tons of cans of it on hand that need to get used up.  You could also use salmon, which I am sure would be very yummy!

Tuna muffins with sauerkraut and cabbage & mayo.
Tuna Muffins

  • 4 cans water packed tuna, drained
  • 6 oz grated cheese
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 small onions, diced or grated
  • old bay seasoning to taste
  • sea salt and pepper to taste


Break up the tuna in a large bowl.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.  Pour into muffin tins or silicone liners and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.  Makes 18.

Part of Kelly The Kitchen Kop's Special Low Carb/Gluten Free Real Food Wednesday!!

0 comments: