RSS

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



My ideal turkey would be made out of chocolate :)

It is Thanksgiving here in Canada today. I love turkey day but I get kind of sad around all the major holidays. I grew up thinking I would some day have a family and I would be able to make them wonderful meals on all the big eating holidays because that is what we had growing up. Mom always made awesome feasts for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, ect... so I just assumed I would do the same.

So I got married, we have our family but I do not get to make them awesome holiday meals since we are split between families wanting us over for family holiday meals. I understand it, truly I do, it's just different from what I'm used to and 10 years later, I still find myself trying to adjust to not having holidays at my home. We have attempted to have our own and it never works out (think one year eating supper at 11pm because our families kept us so long at their houses that I didn't have time to cook and our turkey was frozen, lol!).

So I don't have any wonderful holiday recipes to share. I really wish I did. I spent the weekend trying to find something I could make but I was so busy I hardly had time (although I have some good recipes I came up with that I just need to post). I don't have any traditional holiday dishes of my own since I've never had the chance to establish any. I always thought I'd have a "signature dish" by now.

I think instead we will celebrate the US Thanksgiving. It's kind of halfway between Thanksgiving and Christmas and as far as I know, no one has us booked for that! Too bad it will be too late to order a free range turkey.

0 comments: