RSS

Friday, October 22, 2010

Not Keeping Up

I was hoping to post a recipe each day this week and while I have one, I didn't have the motivation to write. I have a pile of things backed up and I need to write them. Otherwise I will probably forget what I made and not make them again, lol!

Part of the reason is I take crappy pictures. I live somewhere that is gloomy most of the time, foggy and our apartment is dark. Flash pictures don't always come out the greatest and it's usually dark by the time we eat our evening meal (not outside but just how our apartment is situated and how it receives the sun).

So I will share a simple recipe that needs no picture because everyone has probably seen this before. The kids loved it, Mark and I loved it, simple, nourishing and so satisfying! It can be scaled up or down depending on your needs.

French Toast

2-4 pastured eggs
1/4 cup of cream
2 tsp organic cane sugar
8-10 slices of homemade soaked flour bread
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp nutmeg or cloves (optional)
butter for frying and serving
maple syrup for serving

Heat up your frying pan to medium heat. Beat the eggs, cream, sugar and spices until well mixed. Either dip or soak the slices of bread (depending on your preference). Lightly grease the frying pan with a quick pass of butter and lay slices of battered bread in pan. When golden brown, turn over and cook until done through. Repeat for remaining bread. Serve with butter and maple syrup. Yum!

This is a good quick meal that most people generally have the ingredients for on hand. When I made it for the kids one night, I only managed to get one slice because they gobbled it right down. It's nice to have some quick ideas on hand because everyone has those nights where everything is rushed, there is nothing prepared, no meat thawed, no time, ect...

0 comments: